We are looking for a new Project Coordinator at our Costa Mesa office. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Project Coordinator – Davison & Moore Commercial Flooring – Costa Mesa, CA
Davison & Moore Commercial Flooring is seeking a dynamic, motivated individual to join our team in Costa Mesa, CA.
Our Project Coordinators are the glue that holds our business together by coordinating flooring projects from approval through final completion. This person ensures that all materials are ordered and delivered in a timely manner, installations are scheduled and completed on time, projected profit levels are maintained or improved, and that the customer is completely satisfied. The coordinator will work closely within our office with management, salespeople, accounting, and the warehouse, while nurturing and maintaining relationships with clients, vendors and our installers.
Davison & Moore is a rapidly expanding commercial flooring contractor in the Southern California market. The company just completed its sixth year with growth recognized by the Orange County Business Journal in 2020 as one of the “fastest growing medium businesses in Orange County”. We are focused on growth in the new year and look forward to adding a dynamic member to our team as soon as possible.
- Assemble and maintain required documentation in job folders and an online portal once jobs are open
- Prepare submittal packages and monitor client approvals.
- Determine steps necessary to meet project deadlines. Respond with urgency and flexibility to meet frequently changing project schedules
- Review and interpret blueprints/seaming diagrams for projects as required.
- Communicate with mills and other distributors to determine availability of products
- Order and/or place materials on hold, making certain of dye-lot compatibility
- Identify cost saving opportunities per project.
- Perform consistent, timely follow-ups with suppliers, tracking multiple shipments of items depending on the complexity of the job.
- Make freight arrangements for product shipments in the most expeditious and cost-effective manner
- Create purchase orders and work orders for installers to ensure that they have current floor plans and scope of work
- Coordinate job schedules with clients, installers, and general contractors
- Prepare job folders for invoicing. Review for extras and change orders, maintaining current, accurate contract values across all platforms
- Prepare and send preliminary notices for all projects
- Prepare required warranties and close-outs at end of projects
- Process RFIs and Change Orders under the direction of salespeople
- Field incoming calls and faxes
- Team player with a positive outlook
- Focus on Customer Service and building relationships with vendors and installers
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to consistently meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Flexibility to take on different responsibilities and work independently
- Diligence to monitor and follow up on project correspondence
- Promotes collaboration and embraces difficult tasks
- Takes initiative regarding problem solving
- Eager to learn new skills and take on added responsibilities as the need arises
- High School Diploma/GED
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook
- 2 years clerical/administration experience, preferably in flooring industry
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are mandatory due to extensive contact with general contractors, vendors, customers and the project management group
- College Degree
- Construction administration background a plus including familiarity with construction plans
- 2 years clerical/administration experience
- Experience with NetSuite, Office 365, Callidus/CAD
8 hour, 5 day shift
Davison & Moore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.