The Costa Mesa office is seeking a Senior Project Estimator to start right away. Please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior Project Estimator – Davison & Moore Commercial Flooring – Costa Mesa, CA
Davison & Moore Commercial Flooring is currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team in Costa Mesa, CA. A skilled, detail-driven Estimator sets the tone for each and every flooring project through preparation of construction take-offs and material quantity estimates. Strong communication, problem solving, and interpersonal skills are required to work within a dynamic, fast-paced team environment alongside project coordinators, project managers, and labor foremen.
Davison & Moore is a rapidly expanding commercial flooring contractor in the Southern California market. The company just completed its sixth year with growth recognized by the Orange County Business Journal in 2020 as one of the “fastest growing medium businesses in Orange County”. We are focused on growth in the new year and look forward to adding a dynamic member to our team as soon as possible.
- Perform take-offs and prepare bid packages using Callidus estimating software
- Receive estimating requests and gather necessary information such as plans, bidding materials, specifications, and revisions to jobs in progress.
- Gather and interpret other related information to ensure capture of entire scope of work in order to provide seamed, color-coded flooring diagrams
- Communicate with Salespeople and Project Managers to ensure deadlines are met and installers are prepared.
- Accomplish our organizational mission by working as a project partner both internally and with our valued clients and customers
- Determine steps necessary to meet project deadlines. Respond with urgency and flexibility to meet frequently changing project schedules and demands
- Ensure that installers have current floor plans with an accurate scope of work for a successful installation and job completion
- Leadership/Communication skills and a team-player with a positive “can-do” outlook
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize to consistently meet time-sensitive deadlines
- Flexibility to take on different responsibilities and work independently
- Diligence to monitor and follow up on project correspondence
- Experience with estimating software/drafting/CAD, Office 365, Excel
- Proficiency in Office applications to include Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are mandatory due to extensive contact with general contractors, vendors, customers and the project management team
- A fun-loving spirit and a positive team mentality
- Construction background a plus including familiarity with construction plans
- Associates Degree
- Health Insurance including Dental and Vision
- 401(k) program
- Paid Time Off
- 8-hour, 5 day shift with flexible scheduling
Davison & Moore is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.